"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-Clive Staples Lewis

Sunday, March 21, 2010

now we march

It has been said that blogging is basically the same as facebook status posts and twitter only longer and more in-depth. This exactly why i feel like a person still after i have written in a blog. The problems i have with twitter and FB status updates is this, they are mindless drivel. My blogs may be as well, but as least i went to the trouble to put my drivel in sentence form and i used complete words. The only joy I get from FB status updates is that by reading them I can fell so much better about myself about NOT doing what those people are doing, turning on their computer, opening the Internet, signing on to their profile, writing a broken sentence with made up words (Internet words like lol, c u l8tr, ttyl, omg, r u, are meant to save you time as you type INSTANT messages instead of talking to someone with your voice, or heaven forbid writing a letter) about what you are doing this exact moment. The same goes with the abomination twitter. I wonder if people know that what they are doing every 20 min is not that important to everyone else. So back to why what i do is acceptable. I look at blogging as above the fore-mentioned, even with newspaper columns(paid less though), and lower than true authorship. If twitter was something where you wrote down complete thoughts and feelings, then i would be on board with it, alas it is not. FB and twitter are the products of our microwave culture. We the people cannot stand to sit down and read anything over 2 fragmented sentences unless it is an article about the latest celebrity break up or break down. Our leading magazines have the reading levels of a 4th grader. The most watched shows are "reality" shows. Rock and roll music has no guitar or keyboard solos. They are all three minute pieces about absolutely nothing but getting money. I apologize for my tangents. I have strayed off my chosen path so I shall sign off and go check people's facebook statuses.
i love you all

3 comments:

  1. omg, lol! I agree with u! -molly

    bfd. -jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. nate I know i'm months late but I still want to post on every blog

    ReplyDelete