"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-Clive Staples Lewis

Monday, March 22, 2010

Here are my thoughts...take them, I don't want them anymore.


I think I will start discussing the books I read on here. I am a man without much of a social life so I spend alot of my time reading books or embarking on meta-physical journeys. Since I am putting my opinions on here about samples of literature I hope people who disagree with what I write type terrible things and throw cyber cabbage at me in the stocks.

Watership Down

Picked this book up because the picture on the front was fantastic and I had always seen it laying around my Dad's study and I figured that if it was good enough for my Pops to read it then I could dip my toe in it. Well once my literary phalange was submerged, it was so good I rolled over into a gainer and went under for awhile. (this is where someone should shout at me for rolling analogy after analogy on top of each other) I never knew the lives of rabbits could be so fascinating or magical. I could hardly put the book down. I read it anytime I got the chance. The characters were superbly and seriously crafted. I laud Richard Adams for taking the trials of rabbits in such a somber tone. From the dialogue one could not tell this story of rabbits from the stories of the brave pioneers traversing the dangers of the North American West. Hazel, Fiver, Bigwig, General Woundwort, Cowslip, and the genius Kehaar are seared into my thought.

I do not think Adams meant for this story to be one which mirrors the political/social/religious atmosphere, but he put so much essence of human behavior and life into his characters that issues naturally pop up. I shant go into these much because you should not be lazy and read my amazing thoughts on the book instead of picking it up and reading it yourself. I promise if you are worth your salt as a human, you will enjoy this book. I'm tired of typing so that is all.

1 comment: