"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-Clive Staples Lewis

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big Bruce

A friend of mine died today. Bruce Carter was a teammate of mine at Trinity International University. He also lived in John Lehman, Luke Hitchcock, Jake Flinkman, and my suite for 2 or 3 weeks while his housing situation was figured out. Some of the funniest moments in upper 900 history involved that man. I cannot think of one person that did not think Bruce was the absolute Bee's Knee's. Few people could make you laugh like Big Bruce Carter and few people could play football like him as well. The man was an incredible combination of size and strength. I personally watched him cover the fasted player on our team in a DB drill and he was a D lineman. John Lehman and Cole Goodenow were fortunate enough to be able to have a history class with this comedic genius. Its hard to explain how he was so funny in that class if you did not know Proff Gundlach, but if you did and you knew Bruce, you would know what a combo that was. I love remembering these great memories but it also greatly saddens me to think that this man I called a friend, is no longer with us. I trust from what he professed that he is with our Father Christ Jesus.
Bruce Carter you will be missed and I raise my glass in your memory.

1 comment:

  1. Nate,

    I was effected in ways I didn't expect when I heard about Bruce. He opened my eyes to the real world. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete