"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-Clive Staples Lewis

Friday, May 21, 2010

My only friend...the end.

Closed a chapter of my life today. Today was the last day of school at Hiawatha Middle School. This has been maybe the longest 10 months of my life. I have hated alot about my job this year, but at the same time I have met some fantastic people who have influenced my life and career. Twas odd indeed this morning as I drove to school, the song that popped up on my i-pod shuffle was "The End" by the Doors. This is the end of a part of my life that was small in space and time, yet huge in my mental and future development. I learned more about myself in these last 10 months than perhaps the last 10 years of my life. Maybe that is an overstatement but I have always been a fan of overstatements. I worked with six teachers from the 5th and 6th grades. I can honestly say that all six have influenced my future decisions and philosophies involving my teaching career. I will not go much further into that, as my fingers are starting to hurt. I feel like I should have words much deeper and metaphysical right now, but I am just really tired. It has been a long school year...

2 comments:

  1. You think you're tired?? Glad you could do a little soul searching amidst the stupidity. Sorry you didn't start having fun sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't seem like you worked there for 10 months! Those kids got a great deal when the school hired you...I mean it!

    ReplyDelete