"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-Clive Staples Lewis

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Warm bottoms


The weather is warm again. I honestly thought that i may never feel the warmth of the sun upon my face ever again. Similar to Lando Calrisian, the director of Cloud City in Star Wars, I had given into the fact that winter was the same as Darth Vader. I could do nothing against him, so I may as well let him bully me around, as long as I can survive. Thanks be to God, I did not lure my old buddy into a trap so as to let him me frozen in carbonate for the fat slob of a crime boss. I persevered most cowardly i must say, yet i did indeed persevere. I'm here feeling the evening breeze coax my body into thinking of seas and plains of yesteryear, (how the heck to you spell that word?)while my mind visits the shores of Troy to converse with Achilles and try to convince him to sail for home with his valiant Myrmidons and let Troy survive the onslaught of passion the Greeks bestow upon her.

So, back on the topic at hand...warm weather has finally broken though the lines of frost and ice to rest easy beside the gentle rains of spring, and for this i am thankful. In a very small, almost unmentionable way, the first fingers of spring are so poetic and allegorically showing the defeat of cold death at the hands of out Lord Jesus. I am no Biblical historian, so I do not know if this time of the year was really when Christ rose from hades in Glory, but I do know that for this simpleton, the blooming flowers and radiant sunshine scream "RESURRECTION!!!!"

I now shall leave you, so I can learn to play the harmonica.

3 comments:

  1. You are learning to play the harmonica? That is rad! Kansas has a way with weather...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post has got a sort of a hazy, daydreamy (how the heck do you spell THAT word, or does it count as one?) quality to it. And it's "yesteryear."
    And you are seriously learning to play the harmonica? That's cool.
    - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean Lando is really the biggest piece of crap. He betrays all his friends then all of a sudden he keeps screaming it wasn't my fault and he is off the hook? "He's after someone called Skywalker"

    ReplyDelete